Monday, September 14, 2015

The little hippo that is tu tu cute!

Have you ever seen a stamp and it was instant love?  That is so how I felt when I first saw the little hippo in Close To My Heart's new stamp set Safari Ballet!  To give equal credit, the little giraffe is cute too but the hippo has stolen my heart!  So completely.  This card is sure to be the first of many cards and artwork that I create with this stamp set and I couldn't wait to share it with you!  The card is created with the Georgie Picture My Life cards and dimensional element printed stars that are included in the Georgie Compliments.  And what would be a card without all of the embellishing? The card was embellished with White Shimmer Trim, Pixie Baker's Twine (note the cute knots at the ends) and Silver Sequins...the perfect little finishing touches to add to the overall cuteness!  The hippo ballerina was colored with the Twin Touch Shin Han markers in the shades of Tender Pink and Warm Grey 4.  To create the rosy cheeks, the cheeks were first colored with Tender Pink and then colored over with Warm Grey.  She was then cut out and adhered to the card with 3-d foam tape.  The finished size is:  4 1/4 x 5 1/2".



additional products used:


For those who would like to create this card, we will be creating this card at my October Card Club that meets on Monday, October 5th at 6PM.  The class will be held at the Hill's in Broadway.  For directions, or to register, e-mail me at: inallsassiness@gmail.com.  Class cost is:  $10.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment