Monday, September 5, 2011

Art Philosophy at it's spookiest!

Sassfully Chirping class debuts! and it is spooky! very cool! This is a class I am teaching at my fall crops. It is filled with Art Philosophy cut images, a touch of sanding/distressing and lots of spooks! Want a private session with you, me and the Cricut or you and a few minutes? Just e-mail me and we will get it set up! The class cost is $15 or free when you purchase the new Art Philosophy exclusive cartridge from me! Not sure yet, take the class, pay the class fee and if you decide you want to order the cartridge within 30 days of the class, the class fees that you paid will be deducted from your cartridge purchase!


You will note, that the left side is an altered version of a layout that is in the Fall Idea Book. I designed the right side to compliment Close To My Heart's page.





How to tips: Inking the image.
This Cricut shape is incredibly intricate and because of the white core of our papers, in some spots, you can see a little of the white core. To enhance the layout, and cover the white spaces, take a sponge and lightly sponge Black ink over the patterned paper. I chose the sponge over a dauber as it gives a lighter inking and subtle is what I was going for.




How to tips: Applying the adhesive.

Flip your cut image to the back side. Place on scrap paper. Gently apply removable adhesive to the back side. Lift image off of scrap paper and adhesive should only be on the image itself.




How to tip: Piercing and Sewing

When using the new rule (which is awesome by the way!), use the piercer in alignment to the holes in the ruler and make a small hole. Reinforce the hole with the piecing tool after the ruler is out of the way.



No comments:

Post a Comment