Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fall Abundance

Yes, I know, I am on a fall kick at the moment! Can't help it! Fall is my favorite season! I feel like Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks in the movie "You've Got Mail" when they talk about a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils! Love back to school time, the fall colors, and the pumpkins and of course the GOURDS (but that is a a conversation for another day! :-) Anyway, this is a layout I created for my Scrap & Save workshop this weekend. The colors of the papers worked beautifully with the more muted colors in some of my pictures, so it is definitely a keeper!


Left Layout Design is Front & Center Trio from Reflections.

Right Layout Design is Sidebar-Original from Reflections.

The journaling reads: "On this particular day, we were all delighted with everything that was fall! The vibrant colors of the pumpkins and the crisp smell of autumn in the air partnered to create the perfect day for our visit the pumpkin patch and corn maze. Nicholas, who at this point, was just really beginning to master standing up on his own, was fascinated with pulling himself to a stand and using the pumpkins that were almost as big as he was as anchors! It was delightful watching him explore the textures of the pumpkins with his little cold fingers and his wide-eyed curiosity at the corn stalks that towered above him. If only there were many more days just like this one! October 2005. "
To add a few "little" details to the layout, the pumpkins illustrated here are My Stickeases; I popped up the one in the fore-front on foam squares and then traced all of the curvatures of the pumpkins with Liquid Glass.
Supplies Used: Abundance Level 2 (oh, why oh why, is this the first time that I have created with this pack...now that it is retired?); Abundance Level 1; Abundance My Stickease; Liquid Glass; New England Ivy Grosgrain Ribbon; Autumn Terracotta Cardstock and Autumn Terracotta Bitty Brads.
My Ultimate Scrapbooking Challenge: 150 Layouts. 36 completed. 114 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment