Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Bittersweet moments...

For me, being a mom to three young children can be a whirlwind in full speed but today, everything seemed to be moving in slow motion. I took my son Nicholas to his preschool orientation this afternoon, and as I sat listening to the teacher, I had tears rolling down my eyes. I realized that this is my last year with Nicholas before he goes to Kindergarten. He couldn't wait to meet his new friends, and was quick to leave my side. Afterwards, he was so proud of a picture he drew for me...for me, his Mommy! Normally speaking, Nicholas' pictures are always for Grandmommy or Grandma or Daddy...but today, his picture was for me! How did he know that I needed that little piece of his love today?
As we left the preschool, Abby my youngest had her baby doll and her backpack that she had packed "all by herself" to go shopping with her Grandmommy later that afternoon and I couldn't help but think that it would not be long before she too would be in preschool. Independence is a good thing, but for me, and at this moment, it is truly bittersweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment