Yesterday, I shared with you CTMH's White Pines Workshop on the Go which is an easy way to create your Christmas cards. This week, I want to continue to share cards that can easily be made with the White Pines collection, but that focus on the Picture My Life cards. If you are unfamiliar with Picture My Life cards, these are cards that were originally designed for Pocket scrapbooking at it's very best - each card is either 3" x 4" or 4" x 6" with rounded corners and easily slides into pocket page protectors along with your photos that are also cut to 3" x 4" or 4" x 6". That being explained, I have found that I love to use these cards in traditional layouts, for little lunch box notes, and to create handmade greeting cards with! This is what I want to feature on my blog and show you this week. I have taken the White Pines Picture My Life cards and created Christmas cards that you can easily reproduce or tweak to make your own.
Instructions for Joy to the World card:
1. Cut Cranberry cardstock to create a card base measuring 5 1/2" x 8 1/2". Score, and fold in half. Round all four corners.
2. Using the vertical side of the December 15th 4" x 6" PML card, cut card to 4" x 5 1/2". Round the two corners that were cut.
3. Adhere two strips of Cranberry grosgrain ribbon (or substitute other ribbon or red shimmer trim) across the open Dec. 15th space of the PML card. Secure to the back of the card.
4. Center, and adhere, to the Cranberry base.
5. Cut a 3 1/4" x 4 1/4" mat out of Cranberry cardstock. Round all four corners.
6. Adhere Joy to the World 3" x 4" PML card to Cranberry mat.
7. With 3-d foam tape, center, and adhere, matted card to the Cranberry base.
8. Adhere 3 Red Enamel Gems to the bottom of the Joy to the World PML card.
9. Use Liquid Glass to accent the berries on the PML cards.
Instructions for Joy card:
1. Cut Fern cardstock to create a card front measuring 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"". Round all four corners.
2. Using the vertical side of the December 23rd 4" x 6" PML card, cut card to 4" x 5 1/4". Round the two corners that were cut.
3. Center, and adhere, PML card to Fern front.
4. Adhere a single piece of Cranberry Grosgrain ribbon (or substitute other ribbon or Red Shimmer Trim) across the PML card - this is just below the center of the card. Secure to the back of the Fern card front.
5. Adhere entire Fern front to a White Card base. Round all four corners of base.
6. Using the vertical side, cut 4" x 6" Joy PML card to 3" x 4" with Joy in the center. Round all four corners of Joy card.
7. Adhere Joy card to Dec. 16th 3" x 4" PML card at an angle.
8. With 3-d foam tape, adhere Joy card and mat, to the card again at an angle.
9. Accent Joy card with 3 Red Enamel Gems in the upper left corner and the lower right corner.
Supplies used: G1099 Pines Picture My Life Cards, Z3090 Red Enamel Gems, Cranberry Grosgrain ribbon (retired - could substitute another deep red ribbon from your local craft store, or Z1848 Red Shimmer Trim), 1272 Cranberry Cardstock, X5777 Fern Cardstock, X254 White Daisy Value Cards. If you prefer to create cards that are pre-cut and ready to go, host your own card buffet with me for you and your friends where you can earn free and discounted products, or join one of my card buffets that is already scheduled. For card buffet dates, click here.
Check back with my blog tomorrow for more PML White Pine Card ideas! Happy card making!