Thursday, March 12, 2015

Let the Countdown begin....my Shamrock Crop is almost here!

I am so excited to share that my signature Shamrock Crop is almost here! Just one week away!!!  I am dreaming in green!! Aren't you?  Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, this year's crop is sold out but all week I will be sharing some of my excitement and some specials for those who are unable to attend!!  After all, we need to share the Shamrock love!

So, for those who haven't attended my Shamrock Crop before...you might ask what makes this crop special?  For starters, the crop is held at the historic Mimslyn Inn in Luray, VA.  It is a fantastic, quaint hotel tucked away in the Shenandoah Mountains.  The meals are absolutely amazing (You MUST try their Chicken Cordon Bleu) and the hotel staff serves up delightful southern charm and hospitality.   

The crop, since established, has raised funds for the Muscular dystrophy Association, and ALS: both, organizations that I am passionate about, have very personal meanings to me and being very dear to my heart.  When I talk about my crop, the question that I have heard the most is "what do Shamrocks and MDA" have to do with one another and what do they have to do with scrapbooking?" I have an answer for that: the MDA does a fundraising campaign each year called Shamrocks for Dystrophy -- this campaign is what inspired the "connection".  And from the moment that I decided to transition my passion for Close To My Heart from a hobby to a business, I decided that I wanted to find a way to use my business to not only support my family, and as a career, but also to enable me to raise funds for causes that are "close to my heart". This crop has given me the opportunity to do just that--year after year.  I am truly blessed by this!

That being said, and my "whys" all out there, I delight each year in spoiling my customers - they are treated to random "happies" throughout the weekend, specially planned snack break-outs, a secret scrapper exchange, contest, prizes and so much more.   And each year, I try to "trump" my previous years activities.  I love seeing the surprise and smiles on their faces for the smallest gestures.  

Beyond the atmosphere, the good-will fundraising, the scrapbooking, and the "happies", this crop is about the people.  The friendships and relationships that have developed from this crop are priceless and what I consider to be my greatest accomplishment, or crowning achievement, in my Close To My Heart business.

The 2016 Shamrock Crop is now has a wait-list as we are looking at moving to a larger space at the Mimslyn.  If you would like to be added to the wait-list, e-mail me at; inallsassiness@gmail.com. 


No comments:

Post a Comment