Wednesday, February 25, 2015

My Ice Bucket Challenge - Charity Raffle for ALS.

My Ice Bucket Challenge - Charity Raffle for ALS.
For my Shamrock Croppers - I put out a challenge on Facebook to all of my Shamrock Croppers to participate in our Charity Raffle that will happen on Saturday Night of the crop to benefit ALS – which is a part of the Muscular dystrophy Association.  As our returning Shamrockers know, ALS and MDA are both very close to my heart – during High School and College, I was a camp counselor at a MDA summer camp.  I became very close with several of the MD Kids and continued to volunteer for the organization. I even worked a summer as the Program Coordinator and Telethon coordinator in college.  I have seen first-hand what the funds donated to the MDA can do for patient services and pray that a cure will be found in my lifetime.  Throughout the years, I have stayed close to many of the campers thanks to social media and Facebook.  In recent years, my family’s life has been touched by ALS-we watched a love one battle, and lose his life to ALS, which makes this cause all the more important to me.


So, how can you help?  Instead of having a Silent Auction at the crop , we will be having a Charity Raffle.  Participants, or groups of participants, are invited to create a basket, or gift, and donate it to the raffle.  We will then sell raffle tickets at the crop.  The tickets will be $3 each or $20 for an arm’s length.  Participants purchasing raffle tickets are welcome to pay cash, add it to their tab, or write a check payable to ALS.  Baskets may be as creative as you choose.  At a crop that I participate in, there have been all sorts of creative baskets.  Some of my favorites have been: Wine basket with wine, glasses, and a romantic movie; scrapbooking baskets; Girl Scout cookies filling a basket; baking basket filled with all sorts of baking mixes, icings, decorations; Cricut themed gift – mats, blades, etc.; handmade cards; Creativity makes the raffle all the more fun!

, we will be having a Charity Raffle.  Participants, or groups of participants, are invited to create a basket, or gift, and donate it to the raffle.  We will then sell raffle tickets at the crop.  The tickets will be $3 each or $20 for an arm’s length.  Participants purchasing raffle tickets are welcome to pay cash, add it to their tab, or write a check payable to ALS.  Baskets may be as creative as you choose.  At a crop that I participate in, there have been all sorts of creative baskets.  Some of my favorites have been: Wine basket with wine, glasses, and a romantic movie; scrapbooking baskets; Girl Scout cookies filling a basket; baking basket filled with all sorts of baking mixes, icings, decorations; Cricut themed gift – mats, blades, etc.; handmade cards; Creativity makes the raffle all the more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment