Monday, September 29, 2014

Supporting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society

As many of my friends know, I am training to run in a fall Marathon with Team in Training to raise funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society - a cause that is very dear to my heart.  This is my third Team in Training event, but my first Marathon.  I have been training since the spring and have certainly experienced my share of blood, sweat, tears and blisters along the journey as well an injury that I am currently seeking the help from a physical therapist for--but truly these are nothing compared to what those who are fighting Lymphoma and Leukemia are dealing with--so I am pushing onward. 



For those who would like to help in my fundraising efforts, there are two ways you can help me reach my fundraising goal:  1.  Donate directly to my Team In Training Fundraising page (see the link below) or 2.  purchase a Bravelet bracelet and $10 from each bracelet will be donated to my efforts.  OR of course, you are certainly welcome to do both!  I love my Bravelet!!  I have a purple one for Team in Training/Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, a pink one for Breast Cancer (remember October in Breast Cancer Awareness month) and a red one in support of our friend, and fellow OSUMB Alumni member Jon Waters, and his efforts to be reinstated as the band director at Ohio State.  You can order variations of all three colors on my site and they would be great for Christmas gifts!
 
Team in Training Fundraising Page:

My Fundraising Page




My Bravelets Page:


https://www.bravelets.com/bravepage/in-all-sassiness-runners-with-heart-for-lls



Some days, I just don't know if I am coming or going...as obvious from this picture (I was so tired and not paying attention and put on two different shoes!!) but regardless I am striving on for my running and fundraising goals!



No comments:

Post a Comment