Thursday, August 21, 2014

Picture My Life - 25 Day Challenge. Day 9.

Hello Summer!  Such a fun title for a fun layout!  This is a great example of a "traditional" Picture My Life Layout --simple, not too many bells and whistles, and put together "simpler, faster, and easier" for sure!  In fact, the "Hello Summer" and the sign card have nothing additional added to them, they were just slid into the pockets; the two cards with the shells are the Fundamentals paper with the glossy side up and the Wooden Seaside Shapes (now retired) were just glued to these for a little decoration and then they too were added into the pockets. 

The photographs I printed with Studio J-- and that process couldn't have been easier.  For the 4" x 6" and 3" x 4" photographs, I used the Express Collections/Photo Collections and choose the two appropriate sizes but for the two photos that are sectioned apart, I used the No Limits option which I found to be most valuable.  Here's why: first, I was able to create a mock layout of what my layout would look like in Studio J.


From here I could arrange my photographs to see how they would best look before printing the photos. Second, because I wanted to split two of the photos (one into two 4" x 6" and one into four 3" x 4") I was able to use the cells for placement and measurements to see where the photo would be cut so that I would not be cutting through a critical part of the photograph--some one's head etc. I simply moved a blank cell over my photo to see where exactly the cut would be.   Because I could see the dangerous areas, I was able to shift the large photo in the cell to avoid these areas.  Without Studio J, I would of had to guess, and most likely, I would have guessed wrong and had to re-print several times before getting it right. Just another fabulous reason why I love, love, love Studio J!!!

(this photo will be divided into four 3" x 4" photos)

(This photo will be divided into two 4" x 6" photos)

To see the layout in more detail, click the picture and it will open in a new window.

Finished layout.

Left Side.

Right Side.


Supplies used:  Seaside Paper Pack (X7192B), Seaside Picture My Life Scrapbooking Program (Z2020), Paper Fundamental - Whimsy (Z2300), Seaside Wooden Shapes (retired) and Studio J for the photo printing.

Happy Scrappin'!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Celebrate our Picture My Life kits in August with our Picture Perfection Promotion! 
During the month of August, when you purchase any of the 13 available Picture My Life™ scrapbooking programs featured in the 2014–2015 Annual Inspirations idea book at their full retail price of $24.95 USD / $27.50 CAD, you are eligible to add your choice of 1 of 8 qualifying Memory Protectors™ 10-packs for just $3 (USD & CAD)! Each Picture My Life scrapbooking program already includes a coordinating 10-pack of Memory Protectors, so when you add your additional 10-pack for only $3 you will be well on your way to your own picture-perfect pocket scrapbooking adventure!  

In addition, as a bonus, with each PML kit ordered during the month of August, I will be sending a PML goody bag your way.  The goody bags are filled with over $10 in embellishments, flip flaps and sassy goodness!  Use this link to order your PML kits!

No comments:

Post a Comment