Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Adding embossing to layouts!

Close To My Heart has added Embossing Folders to their tool selections, and I for one could not be more delighted!  I love the way one can add just a little bit of embossing to a photo mat or a title and the "wow!" factor that it creates!  For this layout that I taught in a class a few weeks back, we went back to a favorite paper pack -- Footloose!  When the paper was originally available Close To My Heart did not have the fabulous Shimmer Trim, the Aqua Dots or the embossing folders so this was a fun paper to bring back out and accenting and embellishing with all that is new!  Plus, I for one am tired of the cold weather and snow, and this just made me HAPPY!  So if you look closely (and you can see the images larger if you click on the image-they will open in a new window) you can see that we embossed the title "fun & sun" which was a pre-designed Cricut title on our exclusive Artbooking cartridge as well and the Lagoon Photo mats.  They added just enough to make the mats pop!  


Left page.

Right Page.

For the flip flaps, I created little tabs using the Shimmer Trim.  To do this I simply cut a "flag" out of one piece of the trim, added it to the outside of the front of the flap then cut a second piece of trim and adhered it to the back of the flap so that it lined up with an attached to the front one. I then trimmed the flag of the back to match up with the flag on the front.  I repeated the same steps to create the second flag below the first and a little longer.


This layout is now available in a workshop kit form and includes a pack of Aqua Dots, a roll of Teal Shimmer Trim, one 4" x 6" Flip Flap and two 3" x 3" Flip Flaps; 2 page protectors, 1 sheet of Footloose Dimensional Elements, pre-cut embossed pieces,  needed patterned papers and cardstock to complete project, detailed instructions and a color copy of the project..  The kit cost is:  $15.00.  Add $8.00 for shipping if applicable however the shipping may be combined with other kits purchased on my In All Sassiness Designs Kits Page.


No comments:

Post a Comment