Friday, February 7, 2014

Little Squirt Baby Shower Designed and Created with Studio J

Several months ago I helped to plan a Diaper Baby shower for my sister in law.  I had fallen in love with the Wishes and Fishes Collection that is exclusive to Studio J - Close To My Heart's digital program and was determined to have those cute little whales be the theme of the shower. Immediately the challenge became -- how do you create decorations, invitations and favors with a paper collection that is only digital.  And the answer...just as you would do with regular paper.  You discover what the obstacles are and you determine a way to overcome those obstacles.  And so, that is just what I did.  Studio J has developed a "No Limits" template where most of my designs came to form in.  Here you can also print a sheet of the pattern paper just as it is which is where I printed the paper for the banners etc.  As many who know me, I love to be told "that can't be done" and then do it...and I think if you browse through the following pictures you will agree that I was able to create a beautiful baby shower from yes, Studio J!

This was the invitation that I created.  The finished size was 6" x 6".

 And this is the insert that I included.  The finished size was 4" x 4".

For the banner, I used the digital paper that I printed and cut the banner pieces on my Cricut using CTMH's Art Philosophy and Artiste' Cricut Cartridges.  I used a dainty ribbon to lace the pieces together.


For the water bottles, which acted as one of our favors (thought they worked well with the whale theme!), or drinks for those who didn't want punch, I measured the whales to the size that I wanted on the patterned spiral paper.  I made sure that I spaced them far enough apart that I could cut them out with my Scallop Punch and then printed the paper. When the paper arrived, I cut the scallop out around the whale.  I then added a wide ribbon to the bottle and attached the scalloped medallion to the bottle with 3-d foam tape.

For the treat containers, I created the whales in Studio J just as I did the ones for the water bottles.  I also typed my sentiment in Studio J on White Daisy Paper leaving space to cut the flags once they printed.  I printed out full sheets of the patterned papers and cut those into little squares for all sides of the little box. 


For the cupcake toppers, I again used the same process except for these I used two scalloped circles that I adhered back to back with 3-d foam tape as to fit around the sucker stick.  The cupcake wrappers were cut with my Close To My Heart's exclusive Artiste' Cricut Cartridge.  


Prize bags.  I cut circles out on the Cricut and two little whales from my graphics and my daughter decorated the bags with them.

Keepsake photo books for the Aunties, Grandmothers and the Mommy.  I was able to just change the name of the title page to personalize for each family member.  I used the retired 6" x 6" page protectors as the covers for added protection.  The books are the 6" x 6" accordion books.

Our favors all arranged and ready for the guests.

So that you could see these better, I am posting the j-pegs here but the colors were truer to the colors you see above.  This was the game we played - a word search.

A little book that I created for all of our wishes for Matthew.

This was the page insert for the Wishes album.  I had each guest fill it out and then but it in the little stand up book for little Matthew.  For best results, guest needed to use Sharpies and of course, I chose blue Sharpies.

A 12" x 12" sign that I made for the door to the house welcoming the guest.  I then printed smaller copies and used them on the thank you cards which I sadly forgot to take a picture of.

This shower was a delight to create and was held in honor of a very special little person!  Although I will admit there were hours and hours, and then many more hours of preparation but the end results made every minute worth it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment