Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Holly Jolly Pirates of Pinataville

As most, my family stayed incredibly busy during the Christmas holidays - with school programs, scouts, church programs, traditions, parties and then of course there is the shopping, wrapping and all of the other fun that comes with the holiday.  I find that with all of this, I easily take over a thousand pictures each Christmas and the number is growing as my children become involved in more activities.  There are so many memories and just not enough hours to scrapbook each precious moment for each of my three children.  For this reason, Studio J studio scrapbooking has become my best friend: it is hands down the very best resource to keep up with our families' busy life and can be completed in "Real Time. Real Scrapbooks. Real Time."

I created this layout of my son Gabriel's Christmas class play.  I loved the signed that they created and wanted to build the layout around the layout. Because of this I used very basic patterns and colors as to not take away from the photographs and sign.  To complete the layout, I added the chorus from the Gabriel's favorite song as my journaling.  He sang that verse (or a variation of it) for weeks and loved singing it so it only seemed fitting to include it in my layout as well.

To see a larger version of my layout, simply click on the layout and it will open in a larger window.


No comments:

Post a Comment