Monday, December 2, 2013

Christmas Dreams of Sugar Plums

My story:  The Nutcracker is such a magical ballet and for me it has a special place in my heart. As a little girl, and growing up, I dreamed of going to see the Nutcracker.  There was just something about it - I adored the music and the story.  Then on the weekend that my husband asked me to marry him, he took me to see the Nutcracker ballet in Columbus and it was everything I had dreamed it would be. He had given me such a special gift - my Christmas dream.  And at the same time the promise of a life together to make new dreams.  Taking Abby to see her first Nutcracker Ballet became one of those dreams.  I have anticipated this night for 6 years. And her Daddy made it a special and memorable night for both of his "girls".

Her story:  Abigail's Christmas dreams came true last night as her Daddy and I gave her her Christmas present early and took her to see her very first ballet: the Nutcracker.  She has asked each Christmas since she started taking ballet but we told her she had to wait until she was 6.  This year, she reminded us that she was now 6 and old enough to attend.  Her excitement the past few weeks has been contagious and it grew with each passing day until she was just about to burst.  She took in every moment and her happiness, smile and laughter delighted those around her--from the driver of the shuttle to the elder sitting behind us, the ushers she encountered and many we simply passed by.  She had a wonderful night - "a fairy tale come true" as she exclaimed at the end of the evening.  For me, watching her experience these moments was heartwarming and precious and seeing the amount of happiness it brought to my little girl is something I will always cherish.  I am so blessed that we could make her Christmas dreams come true! Here are a few highlights of her "Fairy Tale Evening":




"I am going to dance here when I am grown!"










Until the next Christmas dream my sweet Abigail!

No comments:

Post a Comment