Monday, November 11, 2013

Truly sparkling and shining!

Hello friends!  I apologize for my long-absence from my blog!  I have been fighting being sick, and some personal matters, for almost two weeks and have just been down for the count to say, but I am hoping to be on the upward climb.  My thanks to the many of you who have been waiting for the images, the details, and for me to work out the kinks on how to create the trees that grace the cover of Close To My Heart's Holiday Gift Guide.  And before I share, my gratitude's go out to Barb Carrico and to Theresa Andrews for helping me iron out all of the kinks in the measurments!  I am so blessed for their friendship and willingness to share their hard work and knowledge!  So all of that being said, here is my tree!

I chose to create the center tree (from the bottom photograph that corporate created) that shares the colors of the candy cane.  I love the whimsical-ness that it shares with the candy cane stripes and my family loves the story of the candy cane which made it perfect!  My plan is to package the tree in a box filled with mini-candy canes and send it to the sister of a loved one who is in a nursing home.  They aren't allowed to have "real trees" there and there isn't much room for the traditional table top artificial tree.  Including the "coordinating" little candy canes are a great little thank you for all of the nurses who take care of her each and every day.

The votive holder that serves as a base was a treasured find that my friend Barb discovered and completes the tree!  Love, love, love it!





I will be teaching a step-by-step "Let's Get Started Class" on Friday night, November 15th from 7PM - 8:30PM during my November Gratitude Crop (and yes, you can just take the class without attending the entire crop) and again on Sunday, November 24th from 1:30-3PM at Plains Community Center.  Note, the class is designed to get you started on your tree and the knowledge to create the tree; you will most likely need to put in more time outside of class to finish your tree.  Needed supplies are:  a low-temp hot glue gun, extension cord, Liquid Glass, Bone Folder and patience.  The class is $20 and includes the PRE-CUT tree pieces and toppers, the balance of the Sparkle and Shine paper pack, Pre-cut Sparkle Silver Snowflakes, 1/2 pack of Ruby Mini Medleys, 1/2 pack Red Base and Bling Red Jewels, a Silver Votive holder and detailed step by step instructions as well as the details on the Cricut Cuts should you want to create the project again.  You may choose the multi-color tree (as seen in the company's picture) or the candy candy/red toned as seen in mine).

Kits will also be available for order/purchase.  If you need them to be shipped add $6 for Priority Shipping.


Christmas Tree Kit/Class

No comments:

Post a Comment