Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Studio J - Chicken Soup for the Soul?

30 Studio J's in 30 days - day 21 (a day late)
 
Yesterday, and still today, I felt miserable...with one of those early fall/weather changing too much/worn out kind of colds and sore throat.  And when I feel like that, all I want to do is stay in bed.  Unfortunately, I am not the type of person who can lay in bed all day and watch TV.  It just doesn't suit my personality.  I get restless and want to do something, but typically just don't have the energy.  Studio J is a great fix for that!  I was able to stay in bed and still be somewhat productive with my scrapbooking because I don't have to pull everything out, don't have to sit up (which yesterday just took too much energy) and can just catch up on my studio layouts.  I finished 8 layouts during the course of the day/evening.  So yes, Studio J has totally become my Chicken Soup for my Soul when I am not feeling well.
 
The layouts I wanted to share today are from when Gabriel was in preschool.  I am in the process of making short and long-term scrapbooking goals to help me stay on track with my scrapbooking.  And one of my short term goals was to finish all of Gabriel's preschool layouts before the end of October.
 
To see the layout close up, simply click on the layout.
 
We were blessed that Gabriel (and Abigail) had a fantastic teacher who was thoughtful enough, and had both the means and ability, to take pictures of the children in her class all year long.  She occasionally sent photographs of the children home with their daily notes, but then at the end of the year, she gave us an amazing gift--cd's with all of the images from the school year.  For me, it was awesome because after all he was my little boy and as a parent, I missed seeing what he learned day to day.  I went through the disks and literally, hundreds of pictures, and choose some of the pictures that I like the best, and that best represented Gabriel's time in her class and then chose a Studio J layout that showcased numerous pictures -- 12 to be exact.  Gabriel was so excited to go back and see all of the pictures!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
October Studio J Special...receive your 10th layout free when you purchase 9 layouts! To get started, visit my website at: www.ctmh.com/tonyasheridan.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
October Stamp of the Month: A Very Merry Christmas
Purchase this adorable Christmasy stamp set for just $5 with a $50 qualifying purchase. Shop now. www.ctmh.com/tonyasheridan




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Want to win a FREE Art Philosophy or Artiste' Cricut Cartridge*? I will be giving one away from my blog on November 1, 2012! Simply place an order on my website at: www.ctmh.com/tonyasheridan and join the "Sassfully Chirping in October" link and you will be automatically entered into the drawing. Your name will be entered for each order placed between October 1-31, 2012. This giveaway is only available with Independent Close To My Heart Consultant, Tonya Sheridan and the winner will be randomly drawn by an on-line drawing service.

*if you already have the cartridges, a $99 gift certificate may be substituted for the prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment