Saturday, October 6, 2012

30 Studio J's in 30 days - day 5

I have been working diligently all weekend on a Studio J album for my in-laws of their recent trip out west.  And in doing so, I have discovered some new things in Studio J.  First of all, the first layout that you see, was not designed to go side by side.  Instead, each page goes with a complimenting page (seen further down) of the same place/event.  These two pictures were so clear and "perfect" that I felt they needed to be printed as 12" x 12"s.  To achieve this, I used the No Rules layout design and loaded a picture from each place into the cell.  I then added my titles.  You will see for the Mt.Rushmore layout, I had to leave the title on vellum and for the Devils Tower I was able to use a lighter ink color that would show up over the greenery.
 
What I did next, was to look for a double layout that had one side that would balance off of a 12" x 12" picture.  I chose that layout and then just used the one side.  If I had been doings pictures within the same paper pack I might have been able to pull off putting a layout together with the unused pages but that wouldn't work with these particular pages. It is good food for thought for upcoming projects though. 
 
So, then the right side of this layout will go with the Mr.Rushmore page.  I used the soft colors of the Avonlea as they worked beautifully with the stone colors of the mountain.  I chose not to incorporate too much extra as to not distract from the magnificent monuments.  The two smaller pictures were of a light show that they attended.  The pictures were blurry because of the distance and the lighting but I felt they were important to include as my in-laws really enjoyed the event.  By keeping the pictures small, the blurriness was not distracting to the balance of the layout.

For the balance of the Devils Tower layout, I struggled a little with which paper collection to use.  The sky was absolutely beautiful that day and we do not have that bright of a blue color.  But, that being said, if I had used pulled from the blues I think the details of the photographs would have been lost.  I chose to use the Magnifique paper collection, and then muted the pattered papers to Bamboo and Desert Sand.  This really made the details "pop" and even made the prairie dogs "pop"!  I am so delighted with this layout! 

To see the details of any of the layouts, simply click on the layout itself and it will open in a larger window.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
October Studio J Special...receive your 10th layout free when you purchase 9 layouts! To get started, visit my website at: www.ctmh.com/tonyasheridan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
October Stamp of the Month: A Very Merry Christmas Purchase this adorable Christmasy stamp set for just $5 with a $50 qualifying purchase. Shop now. www.ctmh.com/tonyasheridan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Want to win a FREE Art Philosophy or Artiste' Cricut Cartridge*? I will be giving one away from my blog on November 1, 2012! Simply place an order on my website at: www.ctmh.com/tonyasheridan and join the "Sassfully Chirping in October" link and you will be automatically entered into the drawing. Your name will be entered for each order placed between October 1-31, 2012. This giveaway is only available with Independent Close To My Heart Consultant, Tonya Sheridan and the winner will be randomly drawn by an on-line drawing service.


*if you already have the cartridges, a $99 gift certificate may be substituted for the prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment