Tuesday, October 16, 2012

30 Studio J's in 30 days - day 14

The next few layouts that I am going to share, took some finagling (is that even a word?  My grandmother used to say it all the time when I was a little girl) to accomplish.  The pictures are from Abigail's 4th and Gabriel's 5th birthday parties last summer.  The party was Mickey Mouse themed complete with reds and blacks.  Close To My Heart has a Grins and Giggles collection that I "really-really" (as Gabriel would say) wanted to use for the pictures.  However, a problem arose.   The Grins and Giggles used Cranberry and the Cranberry was way off from the shades of red in my pictures.  To overcome this, I chose to use the Believe Christmas pack so that I could pull from the Holiday Red that was in this pack but it now retired.  In most of the layouts, I kept the star patterned paper that was a light blue in Believe and shaded the pattern either Holiday Red or Black.  This allowed me to have a pattern that would work with my layouts besides just cardstock. 

Obviously since I didn't want Santa themed My Stickease to embellish the layout, I needed something else to adorn the layout.  I chose to use the Bigger Brad, enlarged it to 200% , color it White Daisy and then used the Copy and Paste tools to randomly place the "polka dots" all over my layout.  Very Mickey and Minnie Mouse if I do say so myself!



To see an enlarged image of the layout, click the layout itself.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
October Studio J Special...receive your 10th layout free when you purchase 9 layouts! To get started, visit my website at: www.ctmh.com/tonyasheridan.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
October Stamp of the Month: A Very Merry Christmas
Purchase this adorable Christmasy stamp set for just $5 with a $50 qualifying purchase. Shop now. www.ctmh.com/tonyasheridan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Want to win a FREE Art Philosophy or Artiste' Cricut Cartridge*? I will be giving one away from my blog on November 1, 2012! Simply place an order on my website at: www.ctmh.com/tonyasheridan and join the "Sassfully Chirping in October" link and you will be automatically entered into the drawing. Your name will be entered for each order placed between October 1-31, 2012. This giveaway is only available with Independent Close To My Heart Consultant, Tonya Sheridan and the winner will be randomly drawn by an on-line drawing service.


*if you already have the cartridges, a $99 gift certificate may be substituted for the prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment