Thursday, September 20, 2012

Dakota in a non-traditional light

Dakota is one of my favorite new fall paper collections, but I am really not the western-kind-of-a-girl. So I wanted to incorporate the paper packs with my pictures which were not exactly western in theme.  I found these pictures from Nicholas' first haircut and found that they worked perfectly with the Dakota papers.  I chose to use a small flip flap (also new!) to seal his hair locks into the layout.  This protects them from being lost of damaged.  The flip flap is not used traditionally, but instead sealed right to the page itself: basically serving as a plastic pocket.
 
Other materials used:
X7157B Dakota Paper Pack
Z1747 Small Flip Flap Assortment
Z1787 Slate Mini Medleys
G1041 Ribbon from the Avonlea Cardmaking Workshop To Go
D1301 Classmate Alphabet Stamp Set
Z1695 Urban Felt Alphabet
Z2192 Pacifica Exclusive Ink Pad
Imagine How-To-Book (retired).  The layout design is:  Dynamic Duo (p.48)

To see the pictures in a larger view, click the window.




No comments:

Post a Comment