Sunday, June 19, 2011

Making it my own! Mayberry style!

So, have you ever had a patterned paper that you just adore, but the colors aren't quite right for your pictures? Or in my case, some of the colors, weren't right for my pictures? Such is my case for this layout that I wanted to create with the Mayberry paper collection. The pictures were pictures from our Close To My Heart Cruise and the shirts (of course they would be) matched the Smoothie color exactly, but the papers had a more colorful palette including a bring yellow/orange (Honey) and a Sky (blue) color. So, to solve my problem, I simply cut out squares of Smoothie cardstock inked the edges, and then placed them over the squares that weren't in the color palette of my layout. The result, a completely different look! This can be done many different patterned papers! Have fun creating!

Full spread


The layout design is Sidebar - Quartet from Reflections.

The right side is Title Topper - Basic from Reflections.

Materials used: Mayberry Level 1, Mayberry My Stickease and Liquid Glass. Colors featured: Smoothie, Cocoa, Colonial White & Olive.

My Ultimate Scrapbooking Challenge: Both layouts have been previously used.


Here is a step-by-step tutorial on how to alter the patterned paper:


Choose a pattern paper.


Cut alternative squares to 1 1/4" x 1 1/4". Ink if desired. Position over squares that are needing to be altered. Adhere down.

For the squares that are off the paper, cut the square in half adhere into position. Flip the paper to the backside and cut off the excess.

Continue until all of the needing altered squares are covered.



Want to try it your self? Shop my website at: www.tonyasheridan.myctmh.com

No comments:

Post a Comment