Monday, January 10, 2011

Our family Christmas card...


I know, a little late posting, but wanted to share my Christmas card from this year.

And before I do so, I have to tell a story that only my fellow scrappers could appreciate...


First there was the beautiful Magnifique paper pack.


Then Gymboree came out with a beautiful Peacock little girls clothing line in the fall. Complete with jewels in our colors.


Next, was two months worth of searching for coordinating outfits for my boys.


The card was designed and planned. Supplies ordered.

Next, a foot injury, and a small snow storm causing us to finally get Christmas pictures only a few days before Christmas.


Oh, and I forgot that the photographer wasn't very child friendly. So my hopes of getting a family Christmas picture of the three children together didn't work.


So back to the drawing board.


Problem...two of the pictures were horizontal and one vertical.


Cards re-designed and made. No sleep that night.


Finally, on the 23rd the majority of the cards were weighed at the post office and mailed.


So we thought.


We returned from last minute shopping only to find all of our Christmas cards back in our mailbox...needed additional postage (which was why we took them to the post office in the first place).


Finally, on Christmas eve most of our cards went out.

All that being said, I still think they turned out cute.

Maybe I should start next years cards now. lol.
The card design is Three is a Charm from Originals. My Ultimate Scrapbooking Challenge: 118 completed. 90 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment