Thursday, October 7, 2010

Creating your own patterns...

So here is a fun concept to try...and you will need at least 10 strips of scrap pattern paper to play! This layout and the card below were both created with the Triple Play promotional kit from National Stamping Month. The patterned pieces were all small and cut from a mini-album format. Each square of paper was approximately 4" x 4". I personally fell in love with the patterns and the designs and wanted to savor every scrap. So, I collected all of the scraps, and cut them into 4" strips. Some were wider than others. I ran each piece through my Xyron to create my own patterned design. In the layout below, this piece is on the left side but to the right of the photo. In the card it covers the entire card. BUT, in my second attempt, I made a discovery...and John, you will love this one! Instead of running each individual strip thru the Xyron, flip the base upside down and run that thru the Xyron, then simply add the strips to the sticky side and trim off any excess. Much easier and less goop.


Layout Design: Front & Center - Focal from Reflections.
Layout Design: Front & Center Space from Reflections.

The featured colors are Outdoor Denim, Indian Corn Blue and Colonial White. Other materials used: Outdoor Denim Mini-Medleys & Color Ready Alphabets.

My Ultimate Scrapbooking Challenge: 150 layout designs. 42 1/2 completed. 107 1/2 to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment