Saturday, September 18, 2010

& Then There were Pumpkins...

My daughter's preschool class went on a Field Trip to a well loved Apple Orchard on Tuesday and much to our surprise, Mr. Paugh, the owner, let the children also go out to the pumpkin patch and pick a pumpkin. My daughter has much of her Mommy in her, and was super-duper excited! The timing couldn't have been better as I was planning this Scrap and Save workshop this weekend! Now, thanks to Mr.Paugh, I was even able to scrapbook current pictures on my layout! And the colors of the papers...beautiful!! I am so excited with this layout! I almost wish it was springtime so I could submit it for publications, but I would never wish away my favorite season! Of course, it also helps when one has such a cute subject!!

Layout Design is A New Perspective from Cherish.


The journaling reads: "Abby’s class field trip to Mr.Paugh’s Apple Orchard bestowed a few delightful surprises on the children! Once they had filled their bags with apples, Mr.Paugh announced that each child could also pick one peach from the trees and a pumpkin from his Pumpkin Patch! Abby was very enthusiastic with this! We hiked up to the pumpkin patch and she was off to find her pumpkin. With little searching, she found just the perfect pumpkin and had Mr. Paugh help cut the vines for her. The next thing I knew, Abby had found the perfect pumpkin AGAIN & had Mr. Paugh cut another vine. And THEN came the realization that she could only carry but one of the pumpkins back down from the patch! I watched as she negotiated with herself as to how to carry both pumpkins. Finally, trying not to laugh at her predicament, I offered to help Abby carry her pumpkins! Abby let out a large sigh and ran to offer her gratitude with hugs! What an exciting day it was! Sept. 2010. "
Supplies Used: Autumn Terracotta & New England Ivy Bitty Brads; Abundance Level 1, 2 & My Stickease; New England Ivy Grosgrain Ribbon;
My Ultimate Scrapbooking Challenge: 150 layout designs. 37 completed. 113 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment