Monday, April 19, 2010

No B&T allowed!

This is a layout that I have been thinking about and orchestrating for a very long time. I have had struggles with finding layouts that showcase the numerous panoramic photographs that I took on my trip to Italy and this one was perfect. Then, I decided to use rub-ons (Love Letters in Black) to write out the titles of each of the statues. And of course I didn't have enough. By the time I received them, I was side-tracked and it took me awhile to get back to finish the layout. So, now the layout is complete. And I am happy with the way it turned out. It was important to me to not have many details in the papers (hence the post title...no B&T allowed!) and embellishments as I really wanted the photographs to be the focus...but I didn't want the layout to look "plain" either so my solution was to use Textured Cardstock--it added a little depth without minimizing the photographs.

Left Layout Design: Bottom Border - Title from Reflections.

Right Layout Design: Sidebar-Main Frame from Reflections.

Supplies used: Bamboo, Black & Colonial White Textured Cardstock and Love Story Rub-ons.
My Ultimate Scrapbooking Challenge: 150 layouts. 21 1/2 layouts completed. 128 1/2 to go! Wahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment