Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Tuesdays are my nights to work and we have somewhat of a Dream Team on those evenings. Our team works well together and we have a good time doing it. Then, for a few minutes after work, we have a girls night: nothing elaborate...just coffee, tea, and sometimes dessert at Barnes & Nobles until they close. I look forward to those 45 minutes on Tuesday nights all week! They are my "me" time. I enjoy the conversation, company and laughter. Several of the gals had a rough weekend and everyone is so TIRED of the snow, that yesterday, I thought I would do something special for my Tuesday night colleagues, and decided to make dinner. I made one of my family's favorite dishes: Pampered Chef's Taco Ring and I even molded it into the shape of a heart for Valentine's Day. My Sister-in-law should be proud! Needless to say, it was well enjoyed!

For those who wanted the recipe, here you go:

Brown 1 lb. of hamburger (with or without diced onions). When brown, add 1 package of Taco Seasoning Mix (we use the hot but you could use mild or medium) and 2 tbsp. of water. Drain grease. Add 1 cup of Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese. Stir.

Take 2 packages of Pillsbury Reduced Fat Crescent Rolls and unroll. Separate into triangles. Arrange triangles on a baking stone so that the wider edge is to the center and the points of the triangle are to the outer edge. Overlap the wide edges into a circle/oval shape. Spoon the taco mixture into the center of each of the triangles. Pull the pointed end of the triangle over the mixture (towards the middle of the stone) and tuck the point under the wide edge. Repeat until all tips are tucked in. Bake at 350 until crescent rolls are brown. Serve with tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, onions, sour cream and salsa or taco sauce. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment