Sunday, February 21, 2010

The right picture for a perfect layout!

I have been very excited about Close To My Heart's Heart for Haiti and just waiting for an opportunity to play with the Textured cardstock and show it off! This particular layout design has always been one of my favorites, but I just haven't seemed to have that "perfect" photo to use with it...until now. This will be the first page in my Honeymoon Album (yes, that really does read December 2000...and yes, I really am still working on it! lol!) and I think it turned out perfect for this use of this design! I loved sanding the centers of the colored squares to add that extra detail! & then if you notice, the edges of the squares are then ink distressed in the coordinating colors which makes them pop even more!

Materials used: Silhouette Level 2 Paper Pack, Love Story Rub-ons (black), Colonial White, Bamboo & Black Textured Cardstock, Sanding Paper, Coluzzle Cutting system, ribbon - unknown source, Bamboo & Black Exclusive Inks and sponge daubers. Layout Design: Front & Center Mosiac from Reflections. My Ultimate Scrapbooking Challenge: 150 layouts. This counts for 1/2 of a layout so 7 down and 143 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment