Thursday, December 17, 2009

Creating that wow factor!

Dress up your Christmas sweets with some pizzaz!
I love to bake, and I love to give my baking away as gifts for Christmas, however I struggle with making the sweets look special. This year, I decided to purchase simple white candy/cookie tins and embellish them myself!

To create, begin by measuring the tins. Using the cutting system of your choice, cut a circle a little bit smaller than the top of the tin itself. Cut the circle out. Run the circle through the Xyron. Center, and adhere, to the top of the tin. Measure and cut strips for the sides of the tin. Again, run these through the Xyron and adhere to the tins. I prefer to use the Xyron over glue as I don't like the smell of the glue to mix with the sweets inside.


Don't forget to decorate the bottom of the tins and the insides if desired. Next, add details such as ribbons to the rims. Fill with sweet treats!

What's inside? The larger tin is filled with Candy Cane Cookies. The smaller tin is filled with Peppermint Bark Candies.

No comments:

Post a Comment