Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tinkerin' Challenge #7

Tinkerin' Challenge #7:

Using the stipple brush.


When creating this card, I used the stipple brush. When using ink to distress, the stipple brush creates a different texture/pattern on the paper verses my typical sponge daubing. To create this effect, generously brush the stipple brush over the exclusive ink pad of choice. Next, with pressure, brush the ink over the edge of the paper. Note: it is a good idea to have a scrap piece of paper underneath your work space. Above, I stippled the edges of the White Daisy cardstock with Clover Meadow exclusive ink, and the edges of the sentiment with Tulip Exclusive Ink. Enjoy!

Want to try this fun technique? Receive a $1.00 off the purchase of the Texture Tools or $3.00 off the purchase of the Distressing Kit. Offer code: stipple-blog. Special valid until May 31, 2009. To order, e-mail me at: inallsassiness@juno.com.

Supplies used: Tinkerin' Level 2 Paper Pack, Stipple Brush, Tulip Exclusive Ink, Clover Meadow Exclusive Ink, Sunflower Exclusive Ink, Tinkerin' Badge Button, Dimensional Elements, Glue Dots, Say It In Style Stamp Set, Sunflower brads (from Autumn Harvest Assortment) & Cardstock: White Daisy, Clover Meadow, Tulip.

Card layout from Wishes.




2 comments:

  1. I think you will have to show us how this is done at a scrap..for a layout...nope your not going to get me to do cards....hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! I will! And I will try to get a close up picture without turning blurry!

    ReplyDelete