Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eyelet!

I love this phrase...I have seen it in many signature lines, and it always makes me smile! And it is so true! I can attest to hours that have disappeared while searching for "lost" eyelets! It has been awhile since I have used these embellishments in a layout--it is always so much fun to go back to the basics! And that is just what I did in this layout! The inspiration for the layout came from Close To My Heart's great How-To-Book Cherish titled Treasure Tags. I couldn't wait to use the new Animal Cookies paper so that is just what I did! These new papers definitely bring out the child in you! (Click on the layout for detailed pictures and to read the journaling.)
The colors featured in these fun papers are: Clover Meadow, Tulip, Sunflower, Dutch Blue. Other supplies used: It's a Zoo Stamp Set, Red & Pink Assortment of Embroidery Floss, Sunflower Eyelets, CTMH Hippo Font.

Some other Random ways to incorporate eyelets--
use as bullet points in journaling; use to create a design (star, flower, etc); use to attach vellum to a layout; use to adorn folded corners; use as the center of flowers;


No comments:

Post a Comment